Chairing of sessionsThe Scientific Committee would like to thank all the chairs who will be chairing the oral sessions within the Wonca Europe 2019 Conference, held in Bratislava.
Instructions for chairs
- Please be in your session room at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the Session.
- Check prior to the session whether all AV equipment is working properly.
- At the start of each presentation briefly introduce each speaker.
- Go through technical aspects – microphone, beamer, etc. – with the speakers where necessary.
- In case a presenter does not show up, continue with the next presentation right away.
- You are free to rearrange the order of the presentations if necessary and agreed by the presenters.
- Try to get more people to ask questions, prepare some questions for the presenter in case there is no discussion.
- Ensure best use of the limited time for discussion, prevent the discussion from getting stuck on one particular point.
- Start your session in time. Stick to the timetable.
- Please keep in mind that speakers should strictly observe timing.
- Support presenters to make the best of their presentations, especially if this is their first conference presentation.
- At the end of each session, please thank the speakers and tell Conference participants the next point in the programme (coffee break, another session, plenary).
Oral presentation (15 minutes)Sessions will be co-chaired. If you are the experienced chair, please support your less experienced colleague. If you are the inexperienced one, do not hesitate to ask for help.
Remind presenters, they are expected to finish their oral presentation after 10 minutes, then there are 5 minutes more for discussion.
Warn presenters in advance that you will signal for the 3 remaining minutes, again for 1 remaining minute left and that you will be ruthless about stopping them after 10 minutes.